Allie, 2, dies of E.coli infection, ‘we’ll never recover’

Allie, 2, dies of E.coli infection, ‘we’ll never recover’

A two-year-old child contracted haemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) caused by E. coli bacteria while on vacation in Turkey with her parents.

Ten days after her return from Turkey, little Allie’s health deteriorated. The child suffered from stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting. She was quickly admitted to hospital: “It was a single strain of Escherichia coli that must have come from Turkey, but it is not possible to say how Allie contracted it”, said the police at the Mirror.

Brain damage

The child was placed in a coma and her parents had to make the difficult decision to end her life support two days later. An MRI had revealed that the HUS syndrome had led to brain damage in the child.

“To lose our little Allie so tragically and suddenly was heartbreaking for all of us, and it is still extremely difficult to think that we will never see her again. His death is something we will never get over,” the mum told the Mirror.

E. coli bacteria can be extremely dangerous and lead to serious health problems, warns the mum: “All we can hope for now is that others don’t have to suffer like our family.”

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.